In any aged care facility, cleanliness is very important for maintaining the health and safety of staff and residents. Elderly people with health problems have weaker immune systems and are more susceptible to catching viruses. Therefore every precaution must be taken to avoid the spread of germs.
In order to maintain a hygienic aged care facility every section needs to be thoroughly cleaned, sanitized and disinfected including patient rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, dining rooms, nursing stations etc. Particular attention should be paid to ‘touch zone hotspots’ such as door knobs and handles (the places that attract the most bacteria).
Mark Leigh Cleaning Services provides affordable, high quality and reliable cleaning services to aged care facilities. We have a team of diligent cleaners with many years of experience cleaning aged care facilities. As each aged care facility is different, we tailor our cleaning services to your particular cleaning requirements.
In aged care the main duties our commercial cleaners perform include:
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets
- Mop and clean floors
- Steam clean carpets
- Strip and wax floors
- Clean furniture such as chairs and tables
- Empty rubbish bins and clean bins
- Wash and clean windows and doors
- In bathrooms, clean toilets, basins, sinks, taps, mirrors, bathroom tiles, showers, cubicle doors. Replenish toilet paper, hand towels and liquid soap.
- In patient rooms wipe and clean the patient’ beds, the side and underside. Replace sheets, pillow cases and towels daily.
- Clean and sanitize all the visible surfaces of the room. Sanitize the nurse calling button, TV remotes, drawers and cabinets.
- In kitchens, clean countertops and wipe down cupboards and drawers. Clean kitchen appliances such as stoves, microwaves, fridges