In the hospitality industry cleanliness and hygiene are probably second to food quality in attracting new customers and retaining current customers. This means commercial cleaning services for hotels, restaurants, function centres and other hospitality businesses is critical. For example customers will trust a restaurant that has passed the legal health and sanitation standards that regulate every commercial food outlet throughout Australia. Satisfied customers will lead to increased revenue for a restaurant through return visits and recommendations to family, friends, work colleagues and positive reviews on social media.
A clean restaurant is also important for maintaining the health and safety of customers and workers. A clean kitchen will reduce the spread of germs that can infect the food served to customers. This can help prevent episodes of food poisoning.
In addition to safety, clean kitchens also promote workplace efficiency, productivity and increased morale amongst staff. A reduction in the spread of germs will equate to less employees contracting infections and taking sick leave. This will lead to increased productivity amongst workers. Working in clean kitchens will make it easy for staff to find ingredients and complete tasks in a timely manner. A clean kitchen gives employee’s increased confidence to prepare dishes.
For the hospitality sector, the best commercial cleaning services include:
- Clean entry of restaurant
- Clean doors, door knobs
- Clean glass doors
- Dust and clean furniture such as tables and chairs.
- Empty rubbish bins and clean bins
- Wash and clean windows
- Clean air vents
- Dust and clean shelves
- In bathrooms, clean toilets, basins, sinks, taps, mirrors, bathroom tiles, showers, cubicle doors. Replenish toilet paper, hand towels and liquid soap.
- In kitchens, clean countertops and wipe down cupboards and drawers. Clean kitchen appliances such as stoves, microwaves, fridges
- Vacuum and steam clean carpet
- Strip and wax floors