In a medical facility such as a doctor’s office or hospital, cleanliness and hygiene are of the utmost importance for maintaining the health of patients and staff. For example hospitals receive thousands of visitors daily which mean that they can become an ideal breeding ground for harmful bacteria and viruses as well as rodents. Patients are more susceptible to infections because their immune systems are weakened by health problems. Patients typically contract infections as a result of medical and surgical treatments and if not identified and treated early enough can lead to death.
In order to maintain a hygienic hospital every section needs to be thoroughly cleaned, sanitized and disinfected including patient rooms, bathrooms, testing labs, operating theatre, doctors/ nurses bay etc.
The cleaners at Mark Leigh Cleaning Services are experts in providing specialist medical cleaning of a high standard across health centers in Melbourne. Our cleaners are diligent, experienced, and reliable. They use eco friendly hospital grade disinfectants which kill germs without endangering the health of patients and staff. Our cleaners take pride in their work and pay attention to detail such as ‘ touch zone hotspots’ such as doorknobs, handles, push plates, etc ( the places that attract the most bacteria) Whether you manage a hospital, outpatient facility, medical office or surgical centre, our professional cleaners will guarantee a hygienic and germ free working environment.
In a hospital, the main duties our Melbourne commercial cleaners perform include
- Mop and clean floors
- Strip and wax floors
- Steam clean carpets
- Clean furniture such as desks and chairs
- Empty rubbish bins and clean bins
- Wash and clean windows and doors
- In bathrooms, clean toilets, basins, sinks, taps, mirrors, bathroom tiles, showers, cubicle doors. Replenish toilet paper, hand towels and liquid soap.
- In patient rooms wipe and clean the patient’ beds, the side and underside. Replace sheets, pillow cases and towels daily.
- Clean and sanitize all the visible surfaces of the room. Sanitize the nurse calling button, TV remotes, drawers and cabinets.
- In cafeteria clean and sanitize all visible surfaces. Clean kitchen appliances such as stove tops, microwaves, fridges etc.